Registration: 14H30 – 15H00
Presentations: 15H00 – 17H00
Followed by refreshments
Venue: Bontevlei Venue, Annandale Road, Stellenbosch
Click here for directions
Presented by: Marloes Reinink - GreenED, Living Future Ambassador Presenter South Africa
What if every single act of design and construction made the world a better place?
The Living Building Challenge is the world’s most rigorous proven performance standard for buildings. This course gives an overview of the LBC regenerative design framework to assist attendees in creating spaces that give more than they take.
To be certified under the Challenge, projects must meet a series of ambitious performance requirements, including Net Zero Energy, Waste and Water, over a minimum of 12 months of continuous occupancy. This course is for anyone interested in green and sustainable building and those wanting to learn more about the Living Building Challenge program.
• Understand the basic philosophy of the Living Building Challenge
• Describe the key components of the program
• Discuss the rationale for restorative design principle
• Identify and locate the resources provided by the International Living Future Institute for deeper engagement.
SACAP Category One CPD credit value: 0.1 credit
GreenED is an online resource for professionals and students who want to learn about sustainable design in the built environment and green rating certifications. We are committed to developing and providing high quality continuing education programs for the built environment industry through our online courses and webinars.
View more here
Presented by: Gerhard Cronje – Maskam Water
Designing a building where you’d like to make optimal use of all water sources?
This presentation will help you learn and understand the different ways in which building designs can facilitate the harvesting of water and how the combination of different water sources can provide a sustainable solution on-site.
• Law & Latest Water Bylaws
• Alternative water sources - rainwater, groundwater (boreholes and wells), Surface Water, Desalination, Re-use Grey water and On-site waste water treatment
• Cost effective ways to reuse alternative water
• Energy Efficient Products available
SACAP, ECSA Category One CPD credit value: 0.25 credits
About Maskam Water:
Maskam Water is an industry leader in on-site waste water treatment, water purification and swimming pool water treatment. We provide our customers with turn-key solutions to their water-related needs and source and import the best international technology to take care of their needs.
View more here